The success of your e-commerce business depends on various factors, key among them is the software you use.
When you decide to create your e-commerce website on a SaaS platform, you need to choose the best and most suitable software, which includes offering the best cart cross-sells and up-sells for your business.
Best E-Commerce Practices You Should Look For From An E-commerce Software
What best practices are driving the e-commerce world today? If well implemented correctly, any e-commerce business stands a chance in the overcrowded market and even stand out from the rest of the crowd.
- Use of artwork to try and make a personal connection with visitors to your site. This may include graphics, infographics, some form of video or a GIF. Whichever form of art that your software supports, can be used to connect with customers deeply.
- Practice the best email capture methods. Your software should be able to provide you with the best email capture method so that you can get in touch with clients. At the same time, the email capture method should not be annoying to the customers. Some websites use pop-up ads to pursued users to leave their emails.
- Value proposition adjacent to the products. The products you offer may not be what the customer needs. Value proposition gives you a chance for up-selling by showing the customers similar products of higher quality or by showing how valuable the product is. You could use value proposition to offer discounts and warranty options and increase sales.
- Capture shoppers attention through a breadcrumb. This is a feature that allows shoppers who have shown interest in a certain product to explore it more. Using a breadcrumb, you can show the customer their way around a certain page to make sure they capture the details of the product. Any effective e-commerce software must-have features that can be used to capture the customer’s attention.
- Test when a visitor wants to register. When a visitor shows an intention to register, it means that they are in love with something about the site and they are willing to come back. As earlier stated, ways to capture emails are effective in getting customers to register. Every e-commerce software should have a way to identify when the customer wants to register.
- Iterate, Test and Redesign. Every e-commerce site will face the need to redesign at one point or another. Your software should give you the chance to iterate and test before redesigning. You should be able to change one aspect of the website at a time while testing the customer response. Until at a time when you are sure you can redesign the entire page or site.
So Which Ecommerce Platforms Offer The Best Solutions?
Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce software today. It offers you everything you need to design launch and operate an e-commerce website at a go. The software offers free hosting, payment processing options and a free website builder. You can create a website using both drag and drop or HTML. Further, you get to benefit from other factors such as inventory management, customer relation management, and free marketing tools. The most important fact is that you can implement all the e-commerce practices mentioned above without a need for programming knowledge.
Magento is the best e-commerce software for mid and large enterprises. This is because of its flexibility. Magento has been hailed due to its ability to customize so that it can suit your needs. This open source software gives you the ability to make your e-commerce website look and feel exactly the way you envisioned it in your mind. If you have more than one e-commerce website, you can manage them from one Magento dashboard.
Wordpress is known to provide the best web design templates and tools. Woocomerce is a WordPress plugin that lets you turn your website or blog into an e-commerce website free of charge. This is a very popular shopping cart software used by hundreds of thousands of other websites. Woocomerce offers you payment options as well as customizing tools for the best practices in e-commerce. You also benefit from limitless customization options.
Selz is an e-commerce software that is custom-made to help you sell non-tangible products like e-books, music, software, video streaming and much more. All you need to do is build your storefront and let the software process your orders.
Additional Factors to Consider As Well:
- The cost of the software and maintenance costs.
- The available e-commerce features and tools.
- The ability to customize based on your specific needs.
- Automation capabilities for your specific type of business.
- Back-end features and Marketing Tools
- Third party integration, reporting and analytics.
E-commerce software offer the best option for anyone who wants to open an online store. However, you need to choose the software that offers you value for your money and the best chance to succeed. The software you choose should be able to offer you the best practices in the industry while at the same time lets you customize your site according to your desires. A good e-commerce software, with current marketing tools, will guarantee your success online.